Fedora 17 - Distorted Audio - Output set too high


All of a sudden the sound on my FC17 system sounded terrible. Very distorted.

Long story short - I *think* that a recent update which updated kde-settings-pulseaudio for some reason caused my output volume for my volume control to go all the way to the right (I know I didn't put it there). Moving the slider back to it's normal spot of 100% reverted the sound quality back to what it was before.  Even though I don't even use KDE, I think this is the culprit because the timing was exactly right.




Updated kde-settings-pulseaudio-4.8-16.fc17.noarch @anaconda-0
Update                          4.8-18.fc17.noarch @updates




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hit failing alternator with a hammer to confirm diagnosis of failing alternator due to bad brushes

alternatives --install gets stuck: failed to read link: No such file or directory

Using SSH, SOCKS, tsocks, and proxy settings to create a simultaneous "dual use" work/home computer