kbuildsyscoa4 KConfigIni Invalid Escape Sequence

Fedora 17 x86_64

After a recent update got a bunch of these in a terminal session.


kbuildsycoca4 running...
"KConfigIni: In file /home/me/.local/share/applications/wine/Programs/Spotify.desktop, line 4: " "Invalid escape sequence "\ "." 

Most of these warnings referred to .desktop files whose "Categories" line did not terminate with a ";".

OK fine. Those were easily fixed.

But the above message related to this line in my Spotify.desktop file,

Exec=env WINEPREFIX="/home/me/.wine" wine C:\\\\windows\\\\command\\\\start.exe /Unix /home/me/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/me/Start\ Menu/Programs/Spotify.lnk

and it took some experimentation to resolve the issue. Adding an extra back slash solved the problem. (Added back slash in red).


Exec=env WINEPREFIX="/home/me/.wine" wine C:\\\\windows\\\\command\\\\start.exe /Unix /home/me/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/me/Start\\ Menu/Programs/Spotify.lnk




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hit failing alternator with a hammer to confirm diagnosis of failing alternator due to bad brushes

alternatives --install gets stuck: failed to read link: No such file or directory

Using SSH, SOCKS, tsocks, and proxy settings to create a simultaneous "dual use" work/home computer